- Natascha Chtena
(2015-present). Committee: Johanna Drucker, Chris Kelty, Mark Warschauer (Irvine).
- Roderic Crooks (2011-2016). "The Coded Schoolhouse." Committee: Leah Lievrouw, Chris Kelty, Louis Gomez (Education), Jenna Burrell (Berkeley).
Currently UC Presidential Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Informatics UC Irvine.
Kimberly Sims, Mary Rank, Herbert Serrano.
Yi Ding, Terry Donald Holcomb, Eric Nord, Scott Reed,
Karen Nguyen, Alexis Mendoza, Mary Priest
Francesca Marineo, Scott Dewey.
- 2014: Julie Patterson,
Beth McDonald, Joey Coombe,
- 2013: Melissa Camaiore, Michael Qiu, Jeffrey Allan McCluskey, Dan Phipps, Sonia Collazo, Minh Le.
- 2012: Allison Fussell-Louie, Denise Villegas, Jennifer Pflaumer.
Alejandro Lee Chan,
Di (Judy) Zhang.
Doctoral Dissertation Committee Member
- Morten Bay (in process), "The Digital Social Contract --- A Rawlsian Approach to CyberSecurity." Committee: Leah Lievrouw (Chair), Chris Borgman, John Villasenor (Public Policy).
- Stacy Wood (in process), "Making Secret(s): The Infrastructure of Classified Work." Committee: Johanna Drucker (Chair), Michelle Caswell, Lisa Parks (UCSB)
- Seth Erickson (in process), "Conspicuous Computing." Committee: Chris Kelty (Chair), Johanna Drucker, Jacob Foster (sociology).
- Morgan Currie (in process), "Tracing Open Government Data in Los Angeles." Committee: Johanna Drucker (Chair), Chris Kelty, Dana Cuff (architecture).
- David Kim (2015), "Archival Modeling: Epistemology of Race and Ethnicity in Digital Humanities." Committee: Johanna Drucker (Chair), Anne Gilliland, Alan Liu (Santa Barbara).
- Amelia Acker (2014), "Mobile Electronic Records." Committee: Anne Gilliland (Chair), Johanna Drucker, Paul Dourish (Irvine).
- Ellen-Rae Cachola (2014), "Analyzing a Community Based Archive: The Case of the International Women's Network Against Mliitarism." Committee: Anne Gilliland (Chair), Johanna Drucker, Keith Camacho (Asian American Studies).
- Lilly Nguyen (2013), "Putting Software in its Place: Hybrid Ecologies of Pirated and Free and Open Source Software in Vietnam." Committee: Leah Lievrouw (Chair), Sharon Traweek (History, UCLA), Chris Kelty, Thu-Huong Nguyen-vo (Asian Languages and Cultures, UCLA).
- Melissa Taitano (2007), "Archives and Collective Memory: A Case study of Guam and the Internment of Chamorros in Mañenggon during World War II." Committee: Anne Gilliland (Chair), Clara Chu, Sandra Harding (Education).
- Lenny D'Avolio (2007), "Incorporating Context in the Secondary Use of Medical Records." Committee: Greg Leazer (Chair), Anne Gilliland, Alex Bui (Medical Informatics), Ricky Taira.
MLIS Thesis committees
- Davis Isom (2015), "Internet Search Engines and the Right to be Forgotten." Committee: Beverly Lynch (Chair), Ramesh Srinivasan.
- Katherine Lawrie (2012), "Preserving the Pixel Party: Archives for Born-Digital Social Communities." Committee: Anne Gilliland (Chair), Jonathan Furner.
- Roderic Crooks (2011), "Exploring Paradoxical User Reactions to iPhone Tracker: Journalism, Business, Cyberinfrastructure, Privacy, and Regulation," Committee: Jean-François Blanchette (Chair), Leah Lievrouw, Gregory Leazer .
- Julia Morton (2011), "Anarchist Lessons for LIS: Access-Enabling Design, Ideology, and User Input," Committee: Johanna Drucker (Chair), Jonathan Furner.
- Jamon Cammiso (2011), "Embedding metadata: exploring the ontology of hybrid digital and material objects," Faculty of Information Studies, University of Toronto. Committee: Chun Wei Choo (Chair), Steve Hockema (Supervisor), Matt Ratto (Second Reader), Jean-François Blanchette (External Reader).
- Mary McNamara (2010), "The Emergence of Consumer Health Vocabularies," Committee: Jean-François Blanchette (Chair), Gregory Leazer, Alex Bui.
- Katie Shilton (2007), "Who, What, When, Where, and Why: Shifting Preservation Warrants in Archival Appraisal," Committee: Anne Gilliland (Chair), Leah Lievrouw.
- Alison Langmead (2007), "Moving beyond Polemics: The Ramifications of Reintegrating the Archives and Records Management Professions," Committee: Anne Gilliland (Chair), Marcia Bates.
- Faculty Mentor, Graduate Summer Research Mentorship Program, 2016 (for Randy Illum).
- Faculty Mentor, Graduate Summer Research Mentorship Program, 2015 (for Natascha Chtena).
- Faculty Mentor, Graduate Summer Research Mentorship Program, 2013 (for Roderic Crooks).
- Faculty Mentor, Graduate Research Mentorship Program, 2010-2011 (for Michael Wartenbe).
- Faculty Mentor, Graduate Summer Research Mentorship Program, 2008 (for Michael Wartenbe).